Day 1: Adventures Await - Claire

Welcome! Here is the place where you can find daily updates about the Falmouth Field School J-Term at Post Oak High School. Each of the students attending the field school will text blog and photo blog once during our J-Term experience. While here in Jamaica, we will being doing many different activities to learn about the history of the country and participate in the renewal of the heritage of the town of Falmouth, Jamaica.
Today was our big travel day to get here. After our three hour flight and an hour car ride, we made it to Good Hope Plantation!  As someone who attended the field school last year, it is such an amazing experience to be able to see the reaction of people who haven't ever been to Good Hope before. Good Hope is such a beautiful place and it is only the first of many, many amazing things that this group of people is going experience while here in Jamaica. I'm really excited to be able to feel the way I did when I was here last year. I felt valuable and important, as a human, helping other humans. It is a really empowering experience to be doing really meaningful work to improve the living conditions of other people and to know you are able to make change happen. I am so beyond excited to see the growth that Falmouth, the town that stole my heart last year, has made since I've been gone. I am so glad to be back, and so excited for the nine people that get to experience this place for the first time.

Comments

Post a Comment